Each year, we survey students and teachers after they attend the Young Authors Conference. These are the combined results that we produced from the 2019 conferences.
From the 2019
94% of students gave the Young Authors Conference a 4 or 5, out of 5.
72% of students had never attended the Young Authors Conference and 95% of students that attended want to come back next year.
96% of students said the Young Authors Conference encouraged and challenged them to be better writers.
98% of students said the Young Authors Conference gave them new strategies, ideas, and skills to become a better writer.
95% of students left the Young Authors Conference understanding that strong writing skills are important in life.
- “One of the best experiences ever!”
- “The presenters encouraged us and taught us great new strategies for our stories.”
- “They really connected to all of the students in the class. They inspired me to write from different perspectives and to keep on writing about different things.”
- “Young Authors Conference sparked my love for writing. I love it.”
- “I was so glad I got to do this.”
- “They all taught me a variety of things and encouraged me to pursue my writing dreams.”
- “It is my favorite field trip every year!”
- “Made students think creatively and use their imagination.”
- “Great workshops which excite young authors.”
- “Great exposure to a wide variety of creative thought… No ‘one way’ no ‘wrong answer’.”
- “Each session is unique and tailored for a variety of students.”
- “Great hands-on exercises, gets kids to participate in things they never otherwise would.”